• Chrome moves to release 87.
• Explicit Publication of Privacy Practices.
• Firefox 83 gets HTTPS-only Mode.
• Mozilla seeks consultation on implementing DNS-over-HTTPS.
• The comical announcement strategy of the Egregor Ransomware.
• Large-scale attacks targeting Epsilon Framework Themes in WordPress.
• Cybercrime gang installs hidden e-commerce stores on WordPress sites.
• 245,000 Windows systems still vulnerable to BlueKeep RDP bug.
• Google’s Rich Communication Services is getting E2EE via Signal.
• Cicada, a Chinese state-sponsored advanced persistent threat group.
We invite you to read our show notes at
Hosts: Steve Gibson, Jason Howell
Security Now Episode 794
Download or subscribe to this show at
You can submit a question to Security Now! at the GRC Feedback Page.
For 16kbps versions, transcripts, and notes (including fixes), visit Steve’s site: also the home of the best disk maintenance and recovery utility ever written Spinrite 6.
Products we recommend:
TWiT may earn commissions on certain products.
Join our TWiT Community on Discourse:
TWiT.tv is a technology podcasting network located in the San Francisco Bay Area with the #1 ranked technology podcast This Week in Tech hosted by Leo Laporte. Every week we produce over 30 hours of content on a variety of programs including Tech News Weekly, MacBreak Weekly, This Week in Google, Windows Weekly, Security Now, All About Android, and more.